[Wylug-help] IT Hardware Suppliers

Anne Wilson cannewilson at tiscali.co.uk
Thu Oct 16 11:11:35 BST 2003

On Friday 10 Oct 2003 4:18 pm, Paul Grenyer wrote:
> Hi
>
> > Dunno about the 3ware cards, but CCL are generally pretty good,
> > and they're more Linux-friendly than many suppliers.
> > http://www.cclcomputers.co.uk/
>
> Yeah, but it's a shame about their complete lack of customer
> service and their products poor reliability.
>
> It got so bad that I will not now use them under any circumstances.

This does surprise me.  Like others on this list I have used them for
several years.  The dud rate has been very low (two Maxtor 40GB hdds
in one week but no others over around 5 years), and I have had no
problems whatsoever in getting help from them, even when in one case
the problem was completely unrelated to a faulty item.

Registered Linux User No.293302