[Wylug-help] Linux and GPRS^h^h^h^hIRDA

simon simon at mungewell.org
Thu Oct 23 12:45:35 BST 2003

Hi all,
Thanks for the useful information on GPRS, I'm now having grief with
IRDA.

I've managed to build the IRDA stuff for the kernel and get something
working but I've come a little unstuck trying to actually communicate
with the phone (It just works in Windoze ;-).

I've patched the nsc-ircc to stop it complaining about chip's version
number and disabled the serial driver control of SIR with 'setserial
/dev/ttyS1 uart none'

I can view '/proc/net/irda/discover' and see my phone, hell I can even
'irdaping' it. However I can not establish a serial console link to the
bugger (/dev/ircomm0).

Any suggestions?
Simon.

PS Bluetooth dongle looks more and more appealing, but will probably be
just as painfull.