[Wylug-help] Ms - Worms

Jonathan Algar jonathan at algar.org.uk
Fri Sep 19 21:08:56 BST 2003

Hello Martin,

MR> On Friday 19 September 2003 17:51, James Holden wrote:
>> Yeah... I'm 'immune' too with not being a Windows luser, but it's still
>> wasting my bandwidth. Because all my mail goes through my colo box,
>> this cr*p is genuinely costing me money. I don't mind regular spam so
>> much, but every one of these has a 150k attachment. If it keeps up like
>> this, it could amount to a couple of GB or more after month.

MR> Just checked my cache and I've had 183 of these since this time last
MR> night. Around 27Mb all told. I'm glad I'm on broadband otherwise that
MR> would be painful.

MR> Oh, now 185 while typing this.

MR> Regards, Martin
MR> --
MR> martin at dbg400.net  AIM/Gaim: DBG400dotNet  http://www.dbg400.net   /"\
MR> DBG/400 - DataBase Generation utilities - AS/400 / iSeries Open    \ /
MR> Source free test environment tools and others (file/spool/misc)     X
MR> Debian GNU/Linux | ASCII Ribbon Campaign against HTML mail & news  / \

I know there is a way to log onto you're mail server and delete the
e-mail so you are not forced to download it. However I can't remember
the name of the application so maybe someone else could elaborate my
point.

To add to the list of carnage, my secondary e-mail just got flooded
with 132 e-mail's. I (foolishly) used it to register on google groups
(it requires a real address), and i suppose this is the price; as
nobody else had the contact details. I decided just to delete the
mailbox and forget about it completely. I will use a hotmail account
to do such registrations in future *evilgrin*.

I dread to think of the effects on business.

--
Best regards,
 Jonathan                            mailto:jonathan at algar.org.uk