[Wylug-help] Ms - Worms

Martin Rowe linux at dbg400.net
Fri Sep 19 22:10:22 BST 2003

On Friday 19 September 2003 21:08, Jonathan Algar wrote:
> Hello Martin,

[snip]
> I know there is a way to log onto you're mail server and delete the
> e-mail so you are not forced to download it. However I can't remember
> the name of the application so maybe someone else could elaborate my
> point.

I've used Pop3ScanMail in Windows to take care of rogue emails that
wouldn't download properly for others, but have just telnetted to the pop
server since using Linux for the odd occasion it's been required. I use
KMail which has pop filters which could do this for me, but I'm filtering
my mail through a SpamBayes proxy, so I haven't used them. Not sure if
they'd work through the proxy.

> To add to the list of carnage, my secondary e-mail just got flooded
> with 132 e-mail's. I (foolishly) used it to register on google groups
> (it requires a real address), and i suppose this is the price; as
> nobody else had the contact details. I decided just to delete the
> mailbox and forget about it completely. I will use a hotmail account
> to do such registrations in future *evilgrin*.
>
> I dread to think of the effects on business.

I've seen comments from some of the AS/400 lists I'm on about getting
floods of the things, but their AV systems seem to be dealing with it.

Count at 231 & rising :(

Regards, Martin
--
martin at dbg400.net  AIM/Gaim: DBG400dotNet  http://www.dbg400.net   /"\
DBG/400 - DataBase Generation utilities - AS/400 / iSeries Open    \ /