[Wylug-help] Help - domain being used as return address in spam

John C johnc at ukzone.com
Tue Sep 23 00:53:30 BST 2003

At 10:11 22/09/2003 +0100, you wrote:
>On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 lists at mungewell.org wrote:
>
>> It appears her domain has been hijacked for the purpose of spam advertising.
>>
>> Is there a 3 (or 5, or 10) point list of things to do to prevent/minimise
>> this??
>
>Don't have catchall delivery for the domain, only use the neccessary
>localparts - everything else should be rejected (not bounced).

How would you get rid of catchall and REJECT all unwanted emails ??
I run redhat 7.3
Is it as easy as removing the line:
@mydomain.com     mydomain

from the routing table

  Check out our British Country Music Web Sites

        http://www.countrymusic.org.uk
        http://www.bcmi-radio.co.uk

        Over 70,000 visitors a week