[Wylug-help] Connecting a Zaurus (Sharp SL5500) to the Internet via Infrared

Paul Grenyer pjgrenyer at iee.org
Tue Sep 23 20:22:51 BST 2003

Hi All

Following on from the discussion about connecting a Zaurus to a mobile
phone via Infrared, I've dug up a post from the Yahoo Groups SL500 group
(http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sl5500/):

Very easy.
On the Zaurus side, "Settings --->  Internet wizard """, follow, select
"IR modem", the settings of your Internet provider,
and after
On the phone side, activate in the menu, the Infrared connection,
put the phone near the Zaurus with the IR ports at 10 cm,
on the Zaurus side, on the tool bar you have the connexion icon, tap
connect
and after, launch our mail, put the settings of your mail account, bla,
bla....

--

Regards
Paul