[Wylug-help] Connecting a Zaurus (Sharp SL5500) to the Internet via Infrared

Phil Driscoll phil at dialsolutions.co.uk
Tue Sep 23 21:03:57 BST 2003

On Tuesday 23 September 2003 8:22 pm, Paul Grenyer wrote:
> Hi All
>
> Following on from the discussion about connecting a Zaurus to a mobile
> phone via Infrared, I've dug up a post from the Yahoo Groups SL500 group
> (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sl5500/):
>
> Very easy...
Sadly not so with my 760. My Erricsson sh888 phone works perfectly with my
psion 5mx, but steadfastly refuses to respond to the Zaurus. If I point the
zaurus at the irda port on my laptop and watch the raw irda traffic, it seems
to be talking - though I need to spend some more time to find out if it's
saying the correct stuff!

Otherwise internet access on the 760 is great - via a cable :)
--
Phil Driscoll