[Wylug-help] KMail

Martin Rowe linux at dbg400.net
Tue Apr 6 21:33:08 BST 2004

On Tuesday 06 April 2004 19:48, Martyn wrote:
> Okay, so some kind person please enlighten me :
>
>   In KMail, how do I change the default browser to open when I click on
> a link in an email?

Hi Martyn

Run Konqueror, then Settings...Configure Konqueror...File
Associations...text...html. Add your browser to the Application
Preference Order and move it to the top of the list. It sort of works
(after a KDE restart), but I find the association either gets lost or
broken after a while. That could be because I was running a cvs version
of KDE 3.2 on my Debian box, and it did weird things <g>

If there's a better way of doing it, I'd like to know. It's much easier
with Evolution, etc., where the default Gnome browser can be changed
through gnome-control-center.

Oh, and regarding the discussion last night about KMail's preview pane -
it can be turned off - at least in version 1.6.1 (KDE 3.2.1). Go to
Settings...Configure KMail...Appearance...Layout...Don't show a message
preview pane.

Regards, Martin
--
martin at dbg400.net  AIM/Gaim: DBG400dotNet  http://www.dbg400.net   /"\
DBG/400 - AS/400 & iSeries Open Source/Free Software utilities     \ /