[Wylug-help] Help with setup Exim4 on Sarge

Ian Rutson lists at rutson.co.uk
Sat Apr 10 10:58:02 BST 2004

As the subject really, I'm looking for a nice simple guide to setting up
Exim4, I can find dozens to guides to setting up SpamAssassin and antivirus
stuff and they all start with:

"This guide is written assuming your exim setup is working properly."

I can't find a guide that actually tells me how to do that.  The out of the
box config is sending mail ok and isn't an open relay, but I would like to
be able to:

Receive domain mail via SMTP
Receive mail from POP boxes (actaully plenty of fetchmail docs about)
Route the mail to users maildirs

Later I will add spam and antivirus protection, butI just wanna get it
working first!

--
Ian Rutson
Elland, West Yorkshire, UK