[Wylug-help] Bluetooth

Gary Stainburn gary.stainburn at ringways.co.uk
Fri Apr 16 17:06:57 BST 2004

Hi folks,

I'm trying out Fedora and I'm trying to get a USB Bluetooth Dongle to work to
connect to my Nokia 6310i and I'm following the instructions found at

http://www.hut.fi/u/kehannin/bluetooth/bluetooth.html

I was happy to find that I didn't need to recompile the kernel, and only had
to install the bluez RPMS.

I've successfully scanned for my phone and received the info details, but when
I try the next step, I get the following:

[root at donlin2 root]# hcitool scan
Scanning ...
        00:0E:6D:1A:A6:6A       n/a
[root at donlin2 root]# hcitool scan
Scanning ...
        00:0E:6D:1A:A6:6A       Gary's Phone
[root at donlin2 root]# hcitool info 00:0E:6D:1A:A6:6A
Requesting information ...
        BD Address:  00:0E:6D:1A:A6:6A
        Device Name: Gary's Phone
        LMP Version: 1.1 (0x1) LMP Subversion: 0x23b
        Manufacturer: Nokia Mobile Phones (1)
        Features: 0xbf 0x28 0x21 0x00
                <3-slot packets> <5-slot packets> <encryption> <slot offset>
                <HV3 packets> <CVSD>
[root at donlin2 root]# rfcomm connect rfcomm0 00:0E:6D:1A:A6:6A
Can't open RFCOMM device: No such file or directory
[root at donlin2 root]#

Can anyone tell me what I need to do next

Ta
--
Gary Stainburn