[Wylug-help] Contentious sigs........

Nigel Metheringham Nigel.Metheringham at dev.InTechnology.co.uk
Wed Apr 28 09:18:14 BST 2004

On Tue, 2004-04-27 at 20:49, Jim Jackson wrote:
> I'd say it's contentious because essentially computer science with out a
> computing engine of some sort would be a theoretically abstract subject,
> Turing had to invent an abstract computing engine to start to develop some
> of the science.

I thought modern computer science had thrown off those grubby hardware
related parts long ago and gone off into the airy realms of provably
correct algorithms and mathematical analysis.  Once you are in those
realms touching a keyboard would sully the pureness of the solution.

But then I came up through a University which used to teach Ada as a
first language, and fairly early on had computer engineering courses
where you could get your hards properly dirty

	Nigel.