[Wylug-help] SIS 900 NIC problems with FC1

Gary Stainburn gary.stainburn at ringways.co.uk
Wed Apr 28 09:43:51 BST 2004

On Tuesday 27 Apr 2004 6:48 pm, John Hodrien wrote:
> On Tue, 27 Apr 2004, Gary Stainburn wrote:
> > Hi folks.

[snip]

> > Any suggestions on how to fix it?
>
> The sis900 driver should report link status changes to syslog.  Is it?
> There's always a debug option to turn on for the module to make it a bit
> more verbose which might be revealing?
>
> jh

Hi John, all

Today I'm back in Leeds, and have plugged my laptop into exactly the same
make/model switch, and have a perfectly working laptop.  I'm currently
running up2date and pulling down 102 updates.

I would now suspect the switch I was using yesterday except that my dual-boot
laptop was working fine yesterday in Windows.

Anyone got any ideas on why this would be, and how I can fix it - other than
replacing the switch.

--
Gary Stainburn