[Wylug-help] SIS 900 NIC problems with FC1

John Hodrien johnh at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Wed Apr 28 10:45:27 BST 2004

On Wed, 28 Apr 2004, Gary Stainburn wrote:

> Today I'm back in Leeds, and have plugged my laptop into exactly the same
> make/model switch, and have a perfectly working laptop.  I'm currently
> running up2date and pulling down 102 updates.
>
> I would now suspect the switch I was using yesterday except that my dual-boot
> laptop was working fine yesterday in Windows.
>
> Anyone got any ideas on why this would be, and how I can fix it - other than
> replacing the switch.

Did you check what link speed it had negotiated under windows?  Perhaps a
fault in the linux driver that makes the autonegotiation flaky, so windows got
away with a wiring/switch fault and dropped down to a lower speed?

jh

--
"The average PhD thesis is nothing but a transference of bones from one
 graveyard to another."                              -- J Frank Dobie