[Wylug-help] QOS over transparrent bridge using Linux?

Gary Stainburn gary.stainburn at ringways.co.uk
Mon Aug 9 22:13:54 BST 2004

Hi folks,

Ringways are in the middle of a £4M rebuild, splitting the building into three
seperate sites.

Connecting the two new sites to the existing one are 10MB transparrent
bridges.  All 3 sites are using the same subnet and network traffic is
working fine.

However, we have a problem with our switchboards, which use VoIP to connect to
erach other over the 10MB links.  Because the bridging is transparrent, there
is no QOS facilities, and the VoIP has to fight with normal traffic causing
the audio to 'Clip'.   Is there any way I could use a pair of Linux boxen to
proile the traffic and enable a QOS facility?
--
Gary Stainburn