(OT) Re: [Wylug-help] QOS over transparrent bridge using Linux?

Jim Jackson jj at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Wed Aug 18 13:12:22 BST 2004

I've not yet done QoS, but am aware that it is possible at layer 2.
We make extensive use of Cisco 2950 switches - there are several models
Goto the cisco web site www.cisco.com for details - I think the cheapest
is a 24 ports 10/100 switch - can't say what they would cost you, but I
believe quoted list is near 800 UKP - a decent cisco supplier should be
able to give you a discount.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps628/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a008007e8de.html

details how you do QoS and setting up QoS on a 2950 switch. You may need
the enhanced software image not the standard one.

hope that helps :-)
Jim