[Wylug-help] More on cable modem

hpaul at fish.co.uk hpaul at fish.co.uk
Thu Aug 19 19:03:34 BST 2004

Dear All,

   Further to my previous posting, two other points I should mention;

1.  On the blueyonder website I found the following -

"It is possible to swap your cable modem connection between devices. Previously,
you had to first register the MAC address of each device you wanted to use with
blueyonder via our selfcare system, however following a recent upgrade to
blueyonder, you no longer need to register MAC addresses as part of the
installation process."

...so perhaps this means the ethernet card route is possible?

2.  I tried a live distro (Knoppix) yesterday & it connected to the
internet straight away without any resort to modprobe or similar. Does
this mean that Debian might work OK?

Cheers,

Paul Hardy
Wakefield