[Wylug-help] C++ Programming Question.

Roger Leigh rleigh at whinlatter.ukfsn.org
Wed Aug 25 22:56:55 BST 2004

Dave Whiteley <d.l.whiteley at ee.leeds.ac.uk> writes:

> We were using gcc 2.95 at the time when this code was written and
> used.  These quotes were taken from their docs.  We were using C++ in
> C compatibility mode - ignoring namespaces.  We have moved on from
> then, but this is a resit!

Ah, OK.  The 2.95 iostream library was a pre-standardisation
implementation, so you are relying on a non-standard feature not
present in the current Standard Library.  The non-standard extensions
now live in the __gnu_cxx:: namespace so that std:: is reserved for
Standard stuff only.

Good luck with reinstalling 2.95!

--
Roger Leigh