[Wylug-help] Another fine mess!

David Noble dnoble7 at ukonline.co.uk
Tue Dec 7 20:01:44 GMT 2004

--
It's that old newbie again,

       I am trying to make use of a PIII with a crippled motherboard, the
keyboard controller (PS2) is defunct, so I got a usb keyboard which Windoze
recognized and loaded a driver for it.  So that works OK (except in MSDOS
mode)
       Tried Knoppix and keyboard worked OK again.  So installed Mandrake 9.2
on its own partition, and GRUB installed.  All appears OK.

       Now... at boot time keyboard doesn't work so can only load Linux,
( I know that's no problem ) but I would still like to be able to boot the
other
O.S.  ( Can't do fdisk /mbr because keyboard u/s)
       I've tried a Smart Boot Loader sort of disk but because the keyboard
does't work I can't choose which OS to boot.

       It seems to me I need some sort of bootloader on a floppy that will
transfer
the boot process to the Win. partition automatically.

       Can anyone help or point me to where I might find an answer.

                  David

--

---