[Wylug-help] help re:pop server

Idris Fulat idrisfulat at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 12 14:02:36 GMT 2004

Hello people, at work we have a Linux POP3 mail server setup by a 'in the know' pre-decessor. AFAIK it's a debian distro (how would I find out if I wanted to?) it has no window manager installed as the guy was a hardcore unix command line guy. Questions:
1. would the mail server keep copies of mail sent/received? If so can you tell it not to? And if so how?
2.This mail server also is a proxy server; would it generate any temp files or anything whilst performing this role?
3.I suppose what I'm really asking is are there any files that i would routinely need to delete knowing that it is a mail and proxy server.
(Why I am asking is that recently users have mentioned that during a session they were sending and receiving and it all stopped sending receiving

I would really appreciate fool proof answers as it's quite scary looking at that black screen (yes I'm a newbie). On another note could I install a window manger without much disruption or is it best left alone?

Thank you very much!

Idris