[Wylug-help] re:pop server

Shaun Laughey shaun.laughey at pyr2.com
Thu Feb 12 16:47:47 GMT 2004

Idris Fulat wrote:

>--
>Thanks Shaun but would like to mention that I have received alot of help and have learned alot from the 'old' guy but I just didn't wanna keep bugging him even though he doesn't mind.
>Thanks for your info...but...
>4) As for a graphical front end - better to use something like webmin or
>usermin which lets you use a windows machine to administer your server
>via the wonders of a web browser on your not so important machine
>
>where does webmin get installed? is it a Windows app used to administer the linux box?
>Cheers
>--

Webmin is installed on the debian server. You use a web browser on a
different machine.

apt-get install webmin

is its basic installation process on a debian machine. It allows you to
go to https://yourservername:10000/ and login to administer the box from
a web browser e.g. mozilla, internet exploder, netscape, opera, lynx,
etc. . Its very useful as it does hide some of the complexity and power.
If you see a module you want then see if its in apt and do a apt-cache
search webmin. Be warned though sometimes webmin doesnt work as you
would expect and it does have some bugs. As for the squid module. Looks
harder than the config files :(

www.webmin.com for more information and documents.

Shaun Laughey.