[Wylug-help] Analogue camcorder users out there?

Anne Wilson cannewilson at tiscali.co.uk
Fri Feb 13 10:12:06 GMT 2004

I have a Sony TRV65E camcorder.  Under Mandrake 9.1 I have had this
connected via a usb capture gizmo, using ov511.  Now I want to use
this camera connected to a VIVO video card under 9.2.

Is ov511 for usb connections only?  Modprobing does not create the v4l
directory or video/video0.

If I need a different driver, how can I find what will work?  Googling
on the camera model has not come up with anything useful.  Would it
be related to the Radeon instead?  Any hints greatly appreciated

Registered Linux User No.293302