[Wylug-help] Installing Suse 8.2 on to a ITE RAIDExpress 133

Steve steve_cummins at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Feb 24 04:35:21 GMT 2004

I'd like to attempt to install Suse 8.2 onto an ITE RaidEpress133. Suse 8.2 does not support this card as standard. Following the
Suse Manual I seem to need a module disk for installation of Suse onto the RAID disks. I have checked on Suse website, but not
found support there.

The disk that came with the card explains how to create a Redhat 7.3 module disk for use during installation, by copying the following
provided files to a blank MS-DOS disk

          modinfo		Module info file
          modules.cgz	Compressed driver modules
          modules.dep	Module dependence file
          pcitable		IT8212 pci info
          rhdd-6.1		Driver disk label
          iteraid.o		Driver module for RedHat 7.3

I tried this disk with Suse on the off chance it might work, but it was not recognised as a module disk by Suse. Is it possible to use
these files to create a suse module disk?

	BB,
		Steve Cummins