[Wylug-help] Root console on knoppix

Anne Wilson cannewilson at tiscali.co.uk
Sat Jul 3 13:36:11 BST 2004

On Saturday 03 Jul 2004 12:01, don wrote:
> There is no root password for knoppix. You just select the Knoppix item
> from the menu, then select root shell. You can set a root password if
> you want to. Then you can su from the normal console.
>
> The later version (3.3)  can just su from the console with no password .

Thanks, Don.  Unfortunately it didn't help.  It was a forlorn hope, but the
'old' box was showing only 1 drive at bootup, so I was just hoping that only
one drive had failed and the other could still be mounted.  I tried to mount
partitions under /mnt/test, guessing that this was its purpose.  hdb wouldn't
mount at all.  /dev was showing hda, hda1, hda2........ but I couldn't get
anything there to mount either.  It looks as though I've lost my work ;-(

Registered Linux User No.293302