[Wylug-help] supplying services on non-standard ports

Marc Jennings marc at chillijam.co.uk
Wed Jun 2 13:33:41 BST 2004

Hi there,

I am running a mySQL server on a public-facing network that I need to
connect to from another server.  I would like to be able to specify a
non-standard port so that it is less obvious what service I am
exposing.  I do not want to change the mySQL config if I can help it.

Is there any easy way to use the OS to map requests coming in on (for
example) port 12345 to port 3306, or will I have to fudge my database
config to enable this kind of functionailty?

Thanks in advance
Marc