[Wylug-help] supplying services on non-standard ports

Andrew Beresford beezly at beezly.org.uk
Wed Jun 2 14:05:53 BST 2004

--
Hi Marc,

iptables can do this kind of thing... you probably want something like;

iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp --dport 12345 -j REDIRECT
--to-ports 3306

Having said that... if your mysql traffic is always only going to be
coming from a known IP address, why not firewall the port using iptables
so only a specific address can connect to port 3306 or use hosts.allow
to do the same.

Cheers,

Andrew