[Wylug-help] Card reader problem

David Noble dnoble7 at ukonline.co.uk
Thu Jun 3 16:23:13 BST 2004

--
Dear list,
            I am a Linux newbie ( Slackware 9.1) with a Fujifilm @xia 100
camera which
uses Smartmedia cards.   I use a usb card reader (which is recognised a a
removable drive
in Win98 )  so far no sucess though with linux.  Made a mount point and
tried mounting
with various changes to fs type,  all without sucess  (was under impression
it would be
a 'fat' type for windows).  Then I tried " dmesg " which gives the
following extract :-

Initializing USB Mass Storage driver...
usb.c: registered new driver usb-storage
  Vendor: eUSB      Model: SmartMedia        Rev: 5.04
Attached scsi removable disk sda at scsi1, channel 0, id 0, lun 0
sda: Write Protect is off
 sda: sda1
WARNING: USB Mass Storage data integrity not assured
USB Mass Storage device found at 2
USB Mass Storage support registered.
parport0: PC-style at 0x378 [PCSPP,TRISTATE]
lp0: using parport0 (polling).
FAT: bogus logical sector size 0
VFS: Can't find a valid FAT filesystem on dev 08:00.
VFS: Can't find ext2 filesystem on dev sd(8,1).
VFS: Can't find ext3 filesystem on dev sd(8,1).

      It puzzles me that line 7 mentions 512-byte sectors, but later says
"bogus logical sector size 0" .  Can anyone suggest what to try next,
suggestions would be much appreciated.

                          David

--

---