[Wylug-help] Fw: Automate Web logins

Smylers Smylers at stripey.com
Sat Jun 26 22:48:29 BST 2004

James Holden writes:

> The username and password need sending via a HTTP POST request, so you
> could use 'lynx' to send the form data via it's -post_data option.
>
> The login page I guess you're think of, however, ...

Oh, I hadn't realized we were supposed to be playing guess-the-webpage.
Is there a prize for whoever gets closest?

> has a unique number in it every time it's issued to nobble people
> trying to do what you're trying to do.
>
> IIRC there's also a cookie involved.

If you need to use post, a per-session hidden parameter, and a cookie,
then it's almost certainly simpler to use WWW::Mechanize (possibly via
HTTP::Recorder) than hooking all the bits together yourself.

Smylers