[Wylug-help] Fw: Automate Web logins

Idris Fulat idrisfulat at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 29 16:09:35 BST 2004

Smylers and James...My job is changing ALOT very soon so I'm not going to
have time to 'play' anymore. Thanks for both your replies but to be really
honest it was begining to feel a bit beyond me. Having said this I'm told
I'll be getting experience with some Unix boxes so you never what I'll be
doing!!
Smylers...
> > The login page I guess you're think of, however, ...
>
> Oh, I hadn't realized we were supposed to be playing guess-the-webpage.
> Is there a prize for whoever gets closest?

I work where James used to work so he knows more than I do about the login
page. I manage some of the linux things he set up here and to be honest if
it wasn't for him I would not have know hardly anything about Linux nor this
user group. (I've been dual booting at home and all sorts since...). Again
thanks for the replies.

Idris

PS.. just out of interest my VB code opens IE 'looks' for the login and
password fields, fills them in and then submits and then closes IE (its like
a background task without actually showing the IE window so the user
continues with their IE session). This then continues to happen every ten
minutes via the task schedular. The linux alternatives seem awfully
complicated from my point of view. Is it not possible for 'something' to
call mozilla 'look' for the fields and fill and submit. None of this hidden
ID and cookies etc. I know it seems like I'm asking just for the sake of it
but I really thought it would have been a much simpler process. I've
attached the VB code if you're interested.