[Wylug-help] WikiWikiWebs and unstructure workflow

Anne Wilson cannewilson at tiscali.co.uk
Mon Jun 28 14:20:35 BST 2004

On Monday 28 Jun 2004 13:02, Nigel Metheringham wrote:

> Currently I've had a look at MoinMoin (no calendar functions I can see),
> and Twiki (Feels rougher edged and potentially more user hostile, but
> good functionality), although neither of those at the level of
> installing it and trying things out.

Nigel, I've no experience of setting up anything like this, but I'm a regular
TWiki contributor, so that's what I'm commenting on.

New contributors do find it a bit intimidating, but basic editing is simple.
What's a less easy concept to grasp is the adding of a new page.  Many people
like the fact that TWiki understands basic html, but if you have non-geek
users that may not help.

Should you decide to go down that road I can send you a file that you could
use as a how-to for new users.  I often send it on to people who are
panicking at first use.  I'm also more than happy to talk to you if you have
any specific questions.

In case you find them useful,

http://mandrake.vmlinuz.ca/bin/view/Main/WebHome      is the url for our
Community TWiki and