[Wylug-help] Fw: Automate Web logins

Shaun Laughey shaun.laughey at pyr2.com
Tue Jun 29 16:57:37 BST 2004

Idris Fulat wrote:

>--
>Smylers and James...My job is changing ALOT very soon so I'm not going to
>have time to 'play' anymore. Thanks for both your replies but to be really
>honest it was begining to feel a bit beyond me. Having said this I'm told
>I'll be getting experience with some Unix boxes so you never what I'll be
>doing!!

Hello Idris,

There is a _one_ line solution.
You haven't included the source of the HTML page so I haven't got the
ACTION or METHOD of the form so I cannot stun the world with my skills.
Try reading this page on curl at
http://curl.haxx.se/docs/httpscripting.html it should become very
obvious what to do.
Something like

curl -d "username=xxxxx&password=xxxxx&submit=login" /
    http://www.intra.leedslearning.net/mysteriouspage.php

or

curl
"http://www.intra.leedslearning.net/targetpage.php?username=xxxxx&password=xxxxx"