[Wylug-help] text menus in kicker

Robert Wood rob at rnwood.co.uk
Thu Mar 4 17:33:31 GMT 2004

Hi

On Wednesday 03 March 2004 10:28 pm, wayne hanley wrote:
> I'm just wanting to create some menus on the kicker bar using text
> rather than icons so for instance I could have the word home instead of
> an icon.

This is the only way I can think of doing it. Applogies if this doesn't work
as I tried it on a KDE3.2 - there could be differences!

1. Open the menu editor
[K->Settings->Menu Editor] or start "kmenuedit"

2. Add a submenu somewhere and the item you want inside it.

3. Right click on the kicker and choose to add it
[Add->Application Button->*Your submenu*->Add This Item]

You should really check out the help if it's there?  In KDE's case it appears
the documentation is quite good :) Right click on the kicker and choose help.

Rob

--
Robert Wood <rob at rnwood.co.uk>
http://www.rnwood.co.uk/