[Wylug-help] Mon Meeting

Nigel Metheringham Nigel.Metheringham at dev.InTechnology.co.uk
Mon Mar 8 13:21:19 GMT 2004

On Mon, 2004-03-08 at 12:02, ANDREW SMITH wrote:
> I'm aware that a talk is held at 6:30pm tonight (Monday) at Leeds Uni,
> where abouts in Leeds uni is it held?  I've never been to a Linux user
> group meeting before.

Meeting start time is actually 19:00, although people will be in the
room from (at least) 18:30.

Location is
        Active Learning Lab., (Level 9, near staircase 2)
        E.C. Stoner Building (aka Physics/Admin)
        University of Leeds
        Woodhouse Lane
        Leeds UK

Level 9 is actually 2 floors up from the ground floor at that point (the
building is very long and on a slope, presumably there is a point where
level 0 or 1 is at ground level).

Assuming you are coming in by car, have a look at:-
	http://tldynamic.leeds.ac.uk/leisure/bigmap.htm

You want to come in the entrance at the top of the map marked "Main
entrance & visitors car park east".  This is right by the Parkinson
building (white building with tower).  Bear round to the left after
going through the entrance barrier, and follow the road along, right
hand corner and you will be going down a hill into a car park.  Turn
right into a covered area and park in there.  The EC Stoner building is
running ahead to your left.  Go up the external steps to the walkway
along the building and carry on until you see WYLUG signs on the door.

If you walk in through the main entrance (ie by the Parkinson building),
then rather then going round to the left (as described above), go as
straight as you can before the big long building running across your
field of view.  That will take you just about directly to the door into
the building thats got WYLUG posters on it.

> Also would it be possible to pick up a free copy of the latest version
> of Mandrake at all? Please e-mail me soon.

Probably not tonight unless someone has one cut already.  However you
can look at
  http://fastdiscs.com/
see also
  http://list.wylug.org.uk/pipermail/wylug-discuss/2004-February/003587.html

or alternatively other cd cutting places, such as
  http://www.linuxemporium.co.uk/

I doubt you will get a set completely free - someone has to bear the
costs of the blanks and cd writer.

	Nigel.