[Wylug-help] Firewall advice needed

mike at jazzitis.uklinux.net mike at jazzitis.uklinux.net
Mon Mar 22 13:33:07 GMT 2004

 Sorry for the the lateness in responding to Anne Wilson, who wrote
". . . first line of defence is an SMC router/firewall."

I too have an SMC, mine's the "Barricade" with a printer port and 4
lan ports - I simply hung my existing 8 port switch off one of them
and reconfigured the LAN to dhcp rather than fixed IPs - just bought
and my first reaction is "excellent". SMC have a help line, 0800 917
9523 (which is different to the number on the back of the manual)
and, if you can get through the heavy Spanish accent, they are very
helpful and knowlegeable.

Hope tha's of help.

Regards,

MikeMike