[Wylug-help] Saving mail attachments from the command line

Marc Jennings Marc at chillijam.co.uk
Mon Mar 22 16:13:20 GMT 2004

Hi,

Can anyone give me any pointers on whether it is possible to save email
attachments to disk* from a command line (and therefore cron job)
please?

In my RedHat setup, I can set up .fetchmailrc and .forward to send whole
emails to a script in /etc/smrsh - a script that does a very basic and
unreliable job of saving the attachments - but I can't help thinking
there must be a better way.  A short Google session has turned up lots
of interesting info, but nothing that helps.

* Obviously, they will be saved to a quarantine area until they have
been virus checked, and content filtered.  I might be mad for wanting to
auto-save these attachments, but I'm not *that* crazy ;-)

Thanks in advance.
Marc.