[Wylug-help] Saving mail attachments from the command line

Nigel Metheringham Nigel.Metheringham at dev.InTechnology.co.uk
Mon Mar 22 17:08:37 GMT 2004

On Mon, 2004-03-22 at 16:13, Marc Jennings wrote:
> Can anyone give me any pointers on whether it is possible to save email
> attachments to disk* from a command line (and therefore cron job)
> please?

mhn - part of the mh/nmh package.  Intended for use with an MH message
store (looks like a news spool - one message per file, filenames are
sequential numbers), however the -file option would accept a single
message file (theres a chance you want to lose the leading From_ line
off a mbox message).

I see from the docs that the functionality you want is now in the
mhstore program rather than the old all singing mhn proggy.

Alternatively there are a load of bits of perl and other libraries which
can do this, but may involve more initial pain.

	Nigel.