[Wylug-help] Help: I cannot start x server (graphical interface)

Paul Grenyer paul at paulgrenyer.co.uk
Tue Mar 30 12:03:11 BST 2004

Hi

> When I reboot the machine, I received an error message saying “I
> cannot start x server (graphical interface). It is likely that it is
> not set up correctly. Would you like to view the X server output to
> diagnose the problem?“. I selected Yes for this but at the end, this
> message came back again.

I often get this problem when I upgrade the kernel. It is generally
down to the correct driver for my graphics card not being installed. I
suspect your problem would be fixed by finding the right linux driver
for your ATI card and installing that.

I believe that ATI linux support is not that good, so it may be
difficult. Can anyone else comment on that?

Regards
Paul

Paul Grenyer
Email: paul at paulgrenyer.co.uk
Web: http://www.paulgrenyer.co.uk

Have you met Aeryn: http://www.paulgrenyer.co.uk/aeryn/?
Version 0.3.0 beta now available for download.