[Wylug-help] Help: I cannot start x server (graphical interface)

Shaun Laughey shaun at e-goodmanners.co.uk
Tue Mar 30 15:33:43 BST 2004

James Holden wrote:

I think it sounds like its either
  a) Not an ATI as Mr. J. Holden, pointed out
  b) Its broken

I got the same thing on my Toshiba until I decided to look up what it
had on Toshiba's website. I got tired of guessing the card type eventually.
If you have it installed, run lspci from your console login and it
should return lots of information and hopefully a graphics card name in
there too.

--

Shaun Laughey