[Wylug-help] Re: cygwin and virtual desktops

Dave Fisher davef at gbdirect.co.uk
Mon Nov 29 11:01:10 GMT 2004

On Mon, Nov 22, 2004 at 10:35:07AM +0000, Dave Fisher wrote:
>  ... nothing at all.

but I was about to ask if anyone could advise me on the feasibility of
having multiple virtual desktops on Windows via cygwin.

I might be imagining this, but I seen to remember using an earlier
incarnation of cygwin with WindowMaker to get the much desired X
desktops.

I notice that cygwin now uses the Widows window manager for x sessions.
Does this preclude virtual desktops entirely, or could I re-configure it
to use a traditional X window manager and get the desktops that way?

The Cygwin X documentation is somewhat brief and confesses to be out of
date.  Anyone know any better?

Dave