[Wylug-help] Re: cygwin and virtual desktops

Dave Fisher davef at gbdirect.co.uk
Mon Nov 29 12:19:41 GMT 2004

On Mon, Nov 29, 2004 at 11:15:56AM +0000, Phil Driscoll wrote:
> Not quite an answer to your question, but it may provide a useful solution
> nevertheless:
>
> <snip>
>
> I installed the Linux FreeNX stuff from the SuSE 9.2 distribution, and the
> downloaded the Windows client from NoMachine's website at
> http://www.nomachine.com/

I've been meaning to look at FreeNX for while, but never got around to
it (no Debian packages :-().

Unfortunately, it doesn't really solve the problem of what to do when
disconnected from the network (as I often am when using Windows, i.e. at
client offices or hotels where I can't log onto their network).

Dave