[Wylug-help] Mounting a USB digital camera

Felix Ulrich-Oltean felix at chaptereight.com
Fri Oct 29 14:50:36 BST 2004

On Fri, Oct 29, 2004 at 02:07:21PM +0100, Dave Whiteley wrote:
> This may or may not help :-}
>
> I spent a happy day trying to connect our new digital camera to our
> Debian Linux PCs.  I eventually discovered digikam.  This just worked
> without problems. I may have had to tweak a group membership - but not
> much more.
>
> Good Luck.
>
> Dave
> --

Thanks Dave.

I tried digikam (and in fact previously gtkam and gphoto, the GNOME
equivalents), but there are no Pentax cameras in the list, and when
choosing the "USB Mass Storage" camera option, it found no files in
there.  It looks like it just tries to mount that device the same way
I was trying from the CLI.

Felix.