[Wylug-help] Mounting a USB digital camera

Dave Whiteley d.l.whiteley at ee.leeds.ac.uk
Fri Oct 29 15:50:23 BST 2004

> Thanks Dave.
>
> I tried digikam (and in fact previously gtkam and gphoto, the GNOME
> equivalents), but there are no Pentax cameras in the list, and when
> choosing the "USB Mass Storage" camera option, it found no files in
> there.  It looks like it just tries to mount that device the same way
> I was trying from the CLI.
>
> Felix.

Filix,

Your story still sounds familiar.  I found that they has stopped
adding configurations for new cameras.  I spent ages trying to concoct
a characterisation file for my camera, before reading somewhere that
modern cameras often use the same generic interface.  Of course, I
cannot remember what it is called - but it was near the bottom of the
list.  As soon as I chose that it worked.

Dave

--

Dave Whiteley
d.l.whiteley at ee.leeds.ac.uk
Phone +44 (0)113 343 2059
School of Electronic and Electrical Engineering
The University of Leeds. Leeds, LS2 9JT,  UK