[WYLUG-help] can't write cds or dvds with fc2

Yiannis Gatsoulis menig at leeds.ac.uk
Sat Oct 30 16:36:23 BST 2004

ok, let me add my cent on this... i am usually buring cds with
xcdroast... the first time you set it up you have do that as root and
then there is an option that asks you if you allow other users to use
xcdroast... cant help you on the dvd writing side.... i am struggling to
set up mine... an nec 3500a in an external usb2 (or firewire) external
box... dmesg tells me that it is mapped on device sr0, a device that
does not exist... the only way to at least use it as cd player so far is
to connect on bootup and then "creates" and maps on a cdwriter1
device.... anyway, dont wont to interfere with your thread....

yiannis
If on a crossroad there are two paths, which one is the middle one?