[Wylug-help] Power Saving and Wake up

Dave Roberts dave.roberts at unisonfree.net
Wed Sep 22 20:28:15 BST 2004

I'm setting up a server on my home network using SuSE 9.1. I don't
particularly want to have it consuming power and equally important
pumping out heat 24 hours of the day but I do want it to be permanently
available. So I am looking into power management and wake up. Power down
doesn't seem to be too much of a problem but I am having difficulty in
finding much information about waking up a sleeping PC by wake-on-lan or
similar. I am happy to get a motherboard to suit but could do with some
advise on the software side. Any ideas appreciated.

Dave Roberts