[Wylug-help] Linux on VIA EPIA Mini ITX

Neil Pilgrim linux at kepier.clara.net
Sun Apr 17 20:31:59 BST 2005

Dave Roberts wrote:
> I've bought myself a new toy - VIA EPIA MS mini-ITX board, with 1000MHz
> fanless C3 Eden processor. I was intending running it with SuSE Linux
> 9.1 but have had problems with the screen resolution. However, I have
> tried a couple of other distributions with the same effect. I presume it
> is the lack of driver support for the graphics card which is an
> integrated VIA unichrome AGP CLE266. However, there are a few odities
> with it as I will explain.

You might find this useful, if you've not looked at it already:
http://unichrome.sourceforge.net/

 From the website:
"The Unichrome Project provides open source support for the VIA/S3G
unichrome graphics controller. These controllers are found in the VIA
Technologies CLE266, KM400/KN400, K8M800 and PM800/CN400 northbridges."

According to the site there are X/X.org drivers, XvMC (MPEG2 decoding)
and dri (as part of std dri distribution).

I've been thinking of using an epia M1k with a PVR-250/350 card and
mythtv, so I've been following these kinds of things :) [well, that or
I'll end up buying a vcr ;)]

--
Neil