[Wylug-help] dvd/cdrecord grief (IDE vs IDE-SCSI?)

Dave Fisher davef at gbdirect.co.uk
Tue Apr 19 13:36:20 BST 2005

On Mon, Apr 18, 2005 at 04:57:14PM +0100, John Hodrien wrote:
> At the risk of taking the piss, this drive appears to be a CDRW/DVD-ROM not
> DVD writer.  Googling for that model, it seems to confirm it.  But that
> doesn't explain why it doesn't like CDRs...

Oops ... careless reading on my part.  Thanks for pointing it out.

My only excuse:  the server concerned had a twin which was identical in
every respect, except that it had a DVD Writer from the same stable,
i.e. I just assumed that they were completely identical and didn't see
the '-ROM' bit because I wasn't looking for it.

But, as you say, this still leaves a puzzle over the problem of writing
CD-R and CD-RW ... it's probably time to try prodding it in new ways ...

Dave