[Wylug-help] dvd/cdrecord grief (IDE vs IDE-SCSI?)

John Hodrien johnh at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Mon Apr 18 17:31:18 BST 2005

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005, Dave Fisher wrote:

> I've yet to travel the cdrdao route, but will try it if no one recognises the
> current symptoms.

Perhaps.

> Vendor_info    : 'SAMSUNG '
> Identifikation : 'CDRW/DVD SM-352F'
> Revision       : 'T903'

At the risk of taking the piss, this drive appears to be a CDRW/DVD-ROM not a
DVD writer.  Googling for that model, it seems to confirm it.  But that
doesn't explain why it doesn't like CDRs...

jh

--
"I do not pretend to know where many ignorant men are sure - that is all that
  agnosticism means."                                 -- Clarence Darrow