[Wylug-help] Streaming video

Andrew Teal a.teal at hud.ac.uk
Mon Apr 25 22:29:34 BST 2005

A proposed project to provide this service seems to be heading towards microsoft.

To stop it I need to

1. find convincing specification/estimates and reviews of os equivalents for the budget-holders

2. convince myself and them that I can set up and administer the system (the point being that microsoft-based solutions would be 'taken care of' centrally).

"video streaming linux" on Google gives me some encouragement but 1,340,000 pages, so I'm looking for some expert filtration ... :)

Thanks.
Andrew Teal      Information Technologist
School of Human & Health Sciences
HW1/05, University of Huddersfield,
Queensgate, Huddersfield, HD1 3DH
< a.teal at hud.ac.uk >  Tel: 01484 473674