[Wylug-help] Mac keyboard on linux weirdness

Dan Walker danielwalker at fastmail.fm
Tue Apr 26 14:48:13 BST 2005

So, I've just got a nice Matias Tactile Pro USB keyboard with lovely
mechanical switches, but it has a Mac layout. I spent sometime playing with
xev and xmodmap yesterday, and I got the volume controls and eject buttons to
work, and a couple of other foibles sorted.

keycode 174 = XF86AudioLowerVolume
keycode 176 = XF86AudioRaiseVolume
keycode 160 = XF86AudioMute
keycode 204 = F19
keycode 157 = equal
keycode 182 = F13
keycode 183 = F14
keycode 184 = F15

(keycode 204 is the eject key - I mapped it in khotkeys too eject the drive)

I was expecting to have a bit of time today to play with the other odd
mappings, but when I plugged the keyboard in to the laptop today, the Vol and
Eject weren't working and xev no longer reported anything at all when they
were pressed, although the F13-15 and keypad equal (code  157) were fine. Any
ideas?

ta,

Dan