[Wylug-help] Mobile phone USB services ?

Gary Stainburn gary.stainburn at ringways.co.uk
Sun Aug 7 04:04:56 BST 2005

Hi folks.

This morning I plugged my new mobile into the USB socket of my laptop to
charge it up.

Then, when I turned on the laptop and booted into FC3 it (Kudzu)
detected and installed the phone, even recognising the make and model.
What is it likely to have installed and what services am I likely to
have?

The USB disc access works fine, as does the serial port emulation
(eventually, and unknown to me as to why it suddenly started).

(How do you add a device to the list available in kppp when configuring
a modem?)

What other services could there be available? Can I use my laptop to
use/configure the phone, or use any of it's features?

What's the best way to sync my phone, or to back up it's settings etc.

My laptop has Fedora Core 3 + all errata, and my phone is a Sony
Ericsson K750i
--
Gary Stainburn