[Wylug-help] Help with usb stick

John Hodrien johnh at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Thu Dec 1 10:20:12 GMT 2005

On Wed, 30 Nov 2005, Mike Goodman wrote:

> I had this problem trying to use my memory stick to achieve a little
> Linux-created PDF printing job at work using someone else's M$ Win* box.
> The problem was very simple. Most memory sticks are USB2 and many older
> M$ Win* boxes are USB1. They can see there's something there but they
> can't tell what it is. Use Linux, a much better bet ;-) Or find someone
> who has a more modern M$ model if you must.

I'm presuming this is a USB 1.0 vs 1.1 distinction, as a USB 1.1 windows box
is quite happy using USB2 devices (either normal or high speed).  A USB 1.0
machine has the potential to be useless under windows or linux.

jh

--
"The only difference between the bitchy whining children in open source
  development and the bitchy whining children in closed source development is